Saturday, May 10, 2008

Tomorrow is when I am officially 16 weeks, but I felt like updating today anyway. We have an appointment with the midwife scheduled for Thursday, and I am so excited to hear the heartbeat again! I think I am also going to ask for an ultrasound. We weren't planning on getting one until 20 weeks, but we should be able to tell the gender now. I think it will help Chris feel more involved; he will be able to paint the nursery, buy some clothes, etc.

He started trying to hang the crown molding today, and it's not going so well. The brad nailer we bought doesn't hold long enough nails, so we're going to have to hammer in 2-inch nails by hand! The pieces of molding we bought are also kind of warped (I think that's normal), but it's frustrating Chris because it's difficult to get them to lie flat against the wall and ceiling. Of course, we didn't have any finishing nails on hand, so Chris had to go back out for a THIRD time to buy some. I have a feeling he won't be in the greatest mood when he returns.

We got the carpets cleaned today, and they look amazing!!! We didn't realize how disgusting our living room carpet truly was. When we moved the crates and took up the pad we had laid, there was a clear (but nasty) line of dirt surrounding the pristine area that was protected. What is REALLY nasty is that it must have been pretty much all urine. Suki just LOVES to pee in her crate, and I guess she splashed it around. Yuck! The carpet guy looked at it and said he'd do his best, but it didn't sound too promising. When he finished, though, we were amazed! If we hadn't known about the urine/dirt ring, we wouldn't have noticed it. It looks totally normal...whew!

No comments: