The other house closed, and now we are the proud owners of only one house! :-) We are loving it here, and the setting is just so beautiful. No, there are no pictures. Because we are SOOOO far out, we had to get an air card for the computer to serve as a modem. That pretty much means that our internet connection works like a cell phone (the service is actually through Verizon wireless). Unfortunately, that means that we can only upload/download a limited amount of data each month. I'm not sure how much a few pictures would use up, but I don't really want to chance going over this early in the cycle! I will post another belly picture as soon as we have a clean place to take it, and then I will see where we stand for further uploads right before our cell plan cycles. If we still have plenty of space left, I'll upload pictures of the house!
In Ella news, she is becoming even more active than usual! She used to only move around when I would rest (sitting, lying down, etc.), but now she'll give me a swift kick while I'm walking around trying to get things done. If I lean over a counter that's at belly-height, she'll kick in protest! She still likes to get REALLY active when I lie down at night, so I have to lie down about 30 minutes before I actually want to get to sleep.
I am going for the gestational diabetes screening next week, which I'm not completely thrilled about. I think it's kind of weird that they measure how well your body deals with sugar by asking you to consume something very quickly that is way sweeter than anything you would normally eat. Well, duh! My body probably isn't going to handle it well! I will probably get a headache or feel nauseated. Actually, about 25% of women who take the test "fail" it. Out of those, only a tiny percentage actually has gestational diabetes. If you "fail" the test, you have to return for a 3-hour long test which requires you to fast beforehand. Ugh! No fun! I kind of wanted to opt out of it, but I think Chris really wanted me to take it since I have a bit of a sweet tooth and my sister had GD. I just don't want to fail it!
Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment