We went to the midwife today and got lots of good news: I don't have gestational diabetes and I am not anemic! So *THERE* to those who think you can't be vegan and have a healthy pregnancy! :-P I should probably knock on wood--this show ain't quite over yet! With every day that passes, though, I get more and more excited to meet our little Ella. Leslie confirmed that she is head down today, and I suspect that's her position most of the time. I think she's ready to meet us too!
Leslie gave me two recommendations today--drink Red Raspberry Leaf tea twice a day to help tone my uterus and get it ready for labor, and have sex at least once a week (!) to help my cervix "ripen". Now that's some advice I'm sure Chris is excited to follow! :-)
In other (less awkward) news, here's what we saw outside our window the other day:

I can't believe how much both Chris and I love our new home. Yes, there are some problems (including stinky well water!), but we both feel so safe and so comfortable here. Chris said the other day that he feels more at home here than he ever felt at the old house--and that's saying A LOT for him! He loved that house, but now he says he doesn't even miss it! We both look forward to coming home, and I don't feel isolated like so many people feared I would. The little town of Montpelier is a short 10-minute drive away, and it has everything I need. There is a grocery store, an organic store, a general store, a bank, a farm store, a couple of restaurants, and a nail place. My good friend Gigi lives about 4 minutes away, and I actually "dropped in" at her house today. She gave me about 10 pounds of apples from her trees! I am truly loving my life here in good ol' Bumpass!



1 comment:
I didn't realize your new move was to Bumpass...a good college friend of mine is there...well, her parents are. Small world.
Post a Comment