Thursday, September 18, 2008

Necklace Finished!

Remember when I mentioned the bead swap coordinated by on online discussion group? Well, I finally got moving and made the necklace! AND I recently discovered that I will actually have TWO birthing necklaces--we are making one at my baby shower/mother's blessing as well! Maybe I'll make that one into a bracelet since there will be fewer beads...

Without further ado, here is a picture of my first foray into jewelry making:



I don't think you can tell on this picture, but I used some fancy-schmancy techniques for making the links, and I even made my own clasp! I wasn't consistent, though--some links I made really elaborate and some are really simple. And I had to wrap wire around a couple of the beads because it wouldn't fit through the holes. All in all, I LOVE it, and I'm excited about having it with me during labor!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oooooh! So pretty! Bravo! Is there a date for the shower yet? I have a present to send!